Wednesday, September 26, 2012

for adv. comp. - research notebook notes

Students,
As you are plowing through your homework tonight, my advice is to keep it simple.  Take a deep breath, and remember all of the resources avail. to verify the quality of your research notbook site.  First, take a fresh look at my model page.  Then, take a few minutes to review the presentation I put together, outling all of the components.  Finally, pull out that handy, hot-pink page I gave you in class today.

If you have some extra time tonight, you should click through the sites you added to your "potential research topics" and read/skim the ACTUAL writing.  Don't be satisfied with merely adding the URLs and pages to your list.

Tomorrow in class you will post your research notebook URL to a Google Form in order to establish a course-wide data base of these sites for everyone.

As a final note, and I am sincere about this, these sites are lookin' GOOD!  Our classes should be proud of our progressive and "real-world" curriculum.

Dr. Jones

P.S. Remember to pack your book review/indie book for Friday when we will visit the "reading rainbow" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time to comment on my blog. I appreciate your effort to keep the conversation and learning going!